All of the instructions to the exercise are here.
- Wed, March 17: Introduction to exercise and assignment of roles.
- Wed, April 14: Students must hand in written assignments by start of class. Half of classroom discussion will center on exercise.
- S.2913, (from the last Congress) the bill we are considering. There are at least four versions of the bill. We'll be discussing the one you will find if you click the above link and select "Full Text" or if you click here. More Details
- U.S. Copyright Office's Orphan Works page including link to full report.
- Excerpt of Copyright Office's report.
- After the last time I did this exercise, in 2007, I posted two model answers from students. Although the assignment was slightly different in 2007 (among other things, the page limits were longer), these are still good models for what I expect. [One] [Two]