This is the webpage for a class from the PAST that
has ALREADY ENDED. Current class information is available here
- 11/28/11: I am posting selected answers to student questions leading up to the exam.
- 11/27/11: We have scheduled two review sessions during final exams:
- Saturday, December 3rd, 1pm: Traditional Q&A session. Please send questions in advance.
- Sunday, December 4th, 1pm: Review of 2008 IP Exam (with limited time for Q&A).
- 11/14/11: Because we are a little behind, I am revising the next two upcoming assignments. Here is a complete list of the remaining assignments this term:
- Class 24, Wed, November 16: 900-10 and 622-33.
- Class 25, Mon, November 28: Read/Listen to all of the following:
- Class 26, Wednesday, November 16: As on syllabus: 377-87; 390-93; 722-32.
- 11/12/11: For class 23, Monday, November 14, 2011, do NOT read the pages on trademark functionality (900-10). The complete assignment is: 463-73 (including problems 4-6 through 4-9). You must also review the material assigned last time that we didn't reach in class.
- 11/9/11: Posted final exams and grading rubrics from past years.
- 10/10/11: For class 15, Wednesday, October 12, 2011, read the assignment listed in the syllabus, but do NOT read pages 577-81. These pages will not be made up, and you're not responsible for them.
- 9/20/11: For class 11, Wednesday, September 28, 2011, the assignment has changed. The new assignment is: 300-05; 322-25.
- 9/13/11: For class 8, Monday, September 19, 2011, in addition to the pages assigned in the syllabus, read this handout with materials relating to the just-enacted patent reform bill, the America Invents Act: (Word) (PDF)
- 9/11/11: For class 7, Wednesday, September 14, 2011, the assignment has changed. Please read pages 166-71; 177-85; and these excerpts from the Supreme Court opinions (majority and dissents) in Bilski v. Kappos.
- 8/20/11: Posted website and syllabus.
- Download the course syllabus in pdf and MS Word formats.
Class Mind Maps
Other Class Materials
Past Final Exams
You may also find useful past exams I have given in the dedicated
Copyright course. Understand, however, that we cover many topics in
Copyright that we do not cover in this course. Don't be confused when
you look in the exams and sample answers by issues/terms we haven't
seen this semester.
- Intro to IP - Fall 2010
- Intro to IP - Fall 2008
- Note: We will be discussing this exam at the second review session, date TBA. To help you get the most of this session, you may want to save this exam for last by not looking at it until you have finished your outline.
- Final exam from Fall 2008.
- Grading rubric from Fall 2008.
- Intro to IP - Fall 2007
- Intro to IP - Fall 2006
- Intro to IP - Spring 2006
- Copyright - Spring 2010
- Copyright - Spring 2008
- Copyright - Spring 2007
- This is the exam I gave in this course the first time I taught it. This was a very difficult exam, so don't lose heart by the amount of material presented.
- Final exam from Spring 2007.
- Grading rubric from Spring 2007.