This is the webpage for a class from the PAST that
has ALREADY ENDED. Current class information is available here
- 12/7/2010: I am posting selected answers to student questions leading up to the exam.
- 11/7/10: In preparation for the end of the semester, please note the following:
- I have posted a partial syllabus listing assignments ONLY for the past five classes of the semester. Many of these assignments have changed from the original syllabus.
- I have posted past exams.
- I have tentatively scheduled two review sessions, for Wednesday 12/8 and Saturday, 12/11. More details are included in the partial syllabus, linked to above, and will be discussed in class.
- We will not be meeting on Wednesday, December 1st, officially the last class of the semester and previously the date scheduled for the first review session.
- 10/13/10: The assignment for the next two classes have changed. The new assignments are:
- Class Sixteen, Monday, October 18: 592-605 (stop after Harper & Row case and notes); for Monday, you are also responsible for re-reading the assignment for Class Fifteen, 581-91 and 683-99.
- Class Seventeen, Wednesday, October 20: 606-622 (Sony and American Geophysical Union).
- We will not be reading the other pages assigned for Fair Use II on the syllabus.
- 10/13/10: The assignment for Class Seventeen, October 20th, has changed. The new assignment is 611-22.
- 10/12/10: There is a small typo on the syllabus for the assignment for tomorrow, October 13th. The assignment should read 581-91; 683-99. The syllabus says "581-92" instead of "581-91".
- 9/24/10: On Monday, September 27, 2010, we will not spend any time covering the Amazon One-Click patent fact pattern that was mentioned in class last time. Instead, we will summarize a few final non-obviousness issues and move on to claim construction and infringement.
- 9/13/10: As indicated in your syllabus, for Monday, September 13, 2010, in addition to the assigned pages in the casebook, please read the recent Supreme Court opinions (majority and dissents) in Bilski v. Kappos.
- 8/6/10: Posted website and syllabus.
- Partial syllabus listing information for the final five classes of the seemester.
- Download the course syllabus in pdf and MS Word formats.
Class Mind Maps
Other Class Materials
Past Final Exams
You may also find useful past exams I have given in the dedicated
Copyright course. Understand, however, that we cover many topics in
Copyright that we do not cover in this course. Don't be confused when
you look in the exams and sample answers by issues/terms we haven't
seen this semester.
- Intro to IP - Fall 2008
- Note: We will be discussing this exam at the second review session, tentatively scheduled for Saturday, December 11, 11:15 AM. To help you get the most of this session, you may want to save this exam for last by not looking at it until you have finished your outline.
- Final exam from Fall 2008.
- Grading rubric from Fall 2008.
- Intro to IP - Fall 2007
- Intro to IP - Fall 2006
- Intro to IP - Spring 2006
- Copyright - Spring 2008
- Copyright - Spring 2007
- This is the exam I gave in this course the first time I taught it. This was a very difficult exam, so don't lose heart by the amount of material presented.
- Final exam from Spring 2007.
- Grading rubric from Spring 2007.