- 3/11/2017: The moot court materials for all four moot courts have been posted to Canvas at the Pages link under Moot Court Materials. Advocates in particular should take a look soon. I have provided instructions for advocates who want to propose an amendment to the packet.
- 3/5/2017: As indicated on your syllabus, for class on Thursday, 3/9, you must read an excerpt from U.S. v. Jones, which I have posted below in "Supplemental Reading", in addition to some pages from the casebook.
- 2/16/2017: For class on Tuesday, 2/28, I am adding a second case, U.S. v. Cotterman, to your assignment. The final assignment is: Supp/185-212.
- 2/9/2017: For the next two weeks, I need to shuffle around my office hours. I will NOT hold office hours on any of the next two Mondays or Wednesdays. Instead, I will hold office hours on Tuesday, 2/14; Thursday, 2/16; and Thursday, 2/23, all from 2:30 - 3:30 PM. My ordinary office hours will resume on Monday, 2/27.
- 1/26/2017: I have posted both the handout and the answer key from the section 1030 exercise we did in class today to the "Pages" section of Canvas.
- 1/26/2017: By Friday, 1/27, 5pm, sign up for one or more roles and/or cases using the Google form available from the "Pages" link on the Canvas page. I will post assignments early next week.
- 1/24/2017: Posted final instruction sheet and schedule for moot court oral arguments (a slightly updated version of what I handed out in class) to "Other Class Materials" below. We will sign up for roles in class on Thursday.
- 1/16/2017: Posted syllabus below.
- 1/5/2017: Created web page and posted first two reading assignments.
Course syllabus (first posted version, version 0.91) (pdf) (word).
First Two Readings
For the first class, on Tuesday, January 17th, read pages 1 to 29 of the casebook. In addition, skim the three parts to this series by Symantec about computer security and hacking:
For the second class, on Thursday, January 19th, read pages 29 to 51
of the casebook and pages 123 to 127 of the supplement.
We will use two primary texts:
You must have the latest versions of both the casebook and
the supplement (3d edition and 2017 edition, respectively). Older
versions will not do.
- As indicated in your syllabus, for class on Thursday, March 9th, in addition to pages from the casebook, you must read an excerpt from the Supreme Court's opinion in U.S. v. Jones, available here: (Word) (pdf).
Other Class Materials